Wednesday, December 12, 2012

IN PRAISE OF NON-VIOLENCE

I don't own a gun.  I'll never own a gun.  I'm proud of the fact that I don't know how to operate or use a gun.  I'm proud of the fact that I can't aim a gun.  There's no need for a gun in my life.  I don't need a gun for self defence.  If there's a neighborhood that's percieved as dangerous, then don't enter that neighborhood.  Go instead to a neighborhood that's safe.  Don't enter a building and a room filled with a cluster of people who make you nervous just so you can empty your gun into them.  If there's a cluster of people who make you nervous, go somewhere else where you feel safer.  If a loudmouth picks a verbal argument that you can't hope to win, then walk away and let the jerk win the argument.  Don't waste time trying to win over the jerk because it's better to avoid that jerk for the rest of your life.  Let the jerks linger in their own filth unharmed and undamaged.  I'm a strong believer in non-violence and I'm not going to budge from that stance.
And as I'm lost in thought about strawberry ice cream, here are some photos of Jessica Chastain.






























 

























Shia LaBeouf, Jessica Chastain, Tom Hardy and Mia Wasikowska

Mia Wasikowska

 



Mia Wasikowska and Rooney Mara


Rooney Mara


Jennifer Carpenter and Amanda Seyfried



No comments: